Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Alexander Biber

Hello everyone who has been following the Sacramento Ballet’s making of Romeo and Juliet. My name is Alexander Biber, and I am an Apprentice with the Sacramento Ballet. Now, as an Apprentice you will not hear me talking about playing Romeo or Juliet, for that matter,  but don’t think that means that I have not been rehearsing. I have been extremely busy understudying, working on sword fighting, and learning all the corps de ballet dances.

While I am not rehearsing I find the time to explore another passion of mine: photography. I would not say I am a professional photographer, but working with Sacramento Ballet has given me an amazing opportunity to explore and expand my knowledge of photography in the best way possible, via trial and error.


Throughout the past few weeks of Romeo and Juliet I have been trying to document the rehearsal process as I see it. Essentially, I have been taking countless photos during my breaks, mostly of the rehearsals for Romeo and Juliet.


It has been amazing to watch the three different couples who perform the title roles and the evolution of their relationships in the last couple of weeks. Every rehearsal I am more and more impressed by each dancer. It becomes easier for me to photograph the couples each day as they grow more comfortable with the choreography and music. After each rehearsal I find myself inspired to become a better dancer.
I am so excited to be a part of this production. Every day brings new challenges and opportunities for me to build myself as an artist in dance, stage combat, and photography.

Thank you for following the ballet, and I look forward to seeing you all at the show in February.

Alexander Biber

P.S. If you would like to follow my photos I am on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/alex.biber

No comments:

Post a Comment