Saturday, January 8, 2011

R&J Last Rehearsal of Week 1 by Alex Stewart

It's the last rehearsal of the first week! Looking around here in studio one it's easy to see that everyone is looking forward to a day off! I, myself have been able to sneak away for a few minutes to come over and jot a bit down on Sunchai's computer (I really should be learning this SUPER CONFUSING CHOREOGRAPHY FOR THE CAPULET BALL!)  I once had the opportunity to meet Wes Chapman, former principal dancer of the American Ballet Theatre and head of ABT II. He told me that he knew Ron Cunningham and that he remembered working for him. "His choreography is really tough..." Mr. Chapman said between chuckles. I now see exactly what he meant. However, I would never have guessed that Ron's "Capulet Ball" choreography would validate Chapman's comment. We are all having a blast with each other and laughing at ourselves trying to pick up the arm movements and steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment