Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Richard Porter ... Romeo-Paris

The first 10 days of Romeo and Juliet have been pretty much as I expected and so much more, physically and emotionally exhausting and about as rewarding as any day in the ballet studio can be. I've been blessed to be cast with a beautiful, compassionate Juliet in Alexandra Cunningham, although it is a little strange at times rehearsing some of the scenes with Mom and Dad directing us!

R&J has always been my favourite full length ballet, and actually, the first i ever did professionally. I remember watching the scenes back then that I'm working on now and thinking, I WILL do that one day and that i wouldn't rest until i did. Now that I'm getting the opportunity to, it truly makes all the years of sweat worth it! Speaking of sweat, the last 10 days have been full of it. Ron certainly wasn't messing around when he was choreographing this ballet.

Its a little daunting taking on such a famous role that deserves such perfection, but I'm ready for the challenge. I'm excited and looking forward to developing my character over the next few weeks.


Rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment