Sunday, January 30, 2011

Growing Up

Today I had my first run through with the entire cast of Romeo and Juliet. The support and friendship of this company is a truly beautiful thing.  I recently noticed that Michael Separovich, the man that plays Juliet's Father Lord Capulet was also my father in Sacramento Ballet's Nutcracker when I was Clara in 1998. I remember how it felt to hold his hands and look up at him as a 9 year old.  My real parents would watch from the windows when I was 9 while I rehearsed my "Clara cries" (Clara cries quite a bit).  Both my mom and dad watched me cry in a much different way today.  They sat inside the studio with special permission. 
I am full of joy and gratitude for the directors of the company, the other dancers, my partner Stefan (who you will fall in love with if you see him as Romeo) Shakespeare earth shaking story, the opportunity I have been given to be a part of telling it and that I've been having wonderful experiences with Sacramento Ballet since I was 8. 

Chloe Horne

1 comment:

  1. I love that you all are blogging this experience. It's not often that we non-performers get a peek inside the making of art. Thank you.

    Thank you for a beautiful post, Chloe... it's amazing how often our experiences come full circle. Your on-stage father is now father to a much different daughter!

    ReplyDelete